SUMMER PICKS


"Tapos na yung sem pero yung init sa Pinas G na G parin!"
It's officially summer! and give it to our college to end it on the very last day of March. Yes, the last day of our exams was yesterday and no, this is not an April fools joke. You know what else is not a joke? this Philippine weather!!! how to survive mga bes? Here I share to you my top essentials for the summer. So let's get to it. (I mean really, hindi to joke uy.) { Click here for the video version }






SUNBLOCK: Swimming or not, the skin needs to be protected from the UV rays of the sun. It may feel a bit sticky on the skin but it's a small price to pay rather than getting sunburned or worse. I prefer the lotion type from Nivea, but there's this spray one too.









WATER: Need I say more? (although these bottles are empty, but you get the point) Carrying a water bottle might be heavy but you need to keep yourself hydrated. You may recycle plastic bottles since they're lighter, but take note not to use them a bunch of times for it may have health hazards too. Tip: having a cute bottle might make you want to bring it all the time. 



FAN: Ever felt being in a place and feeling suffocated because of the heat? A brush of cool air always seems like bliss after being under the sun. This is not the type I usually bring, I opt for the round foldable ones since they're less of a hassle to bring. Although the portable electric fan is a "fan" favorite nowadays. (see what I did there?)

LIP BALM: When your skin feels dry, your lips feel that too. Heat makes the lips dry and chapped, so always keep a lip balm in hand to moisturize those lips. I preferably go for just simple vaseline because it feels more hydrating to the lips. This Nivea lipbalm  is just like vaseline but in a tube. I just transfer mine from a big tub into travel sized containers. No one want dry lips for the summer.

MIST: There are times when you just want to take a shower during that hot summer day but you can't because you're out and about. Then this is just the solution for you. This one is from Sophie we got a while back but before, we just place cold water in a spray bottle and spray away!



TOWEL: No one wants to be sweaty betty all day, so a towel or a handkerchief needs to be there so you can wipe it all away. (oh so poetic Ysa) It may be hot and dry but this makes us sweat like a waterfall. Who would want that "basang sisiw" look? uhmm, pass ako dyan. Plus! as we say, "bawal matuyuan ng pawis." *wink*

WIPES: In contrast to the dry towel, wet wipes are a go to for freshening up. Go for the non-alcoholic baby wipes that are unscented if you have sensitive skin. Although these are my favorites from Sanicare and the cucumber ones from Watson's, just because it makes the sweaty smell go away too.




HAT: Summer is the best excuse to keep wearing caps and even floppy hats. It gives you shade to protect your face and it's fashionable! Plus, given the bipolar weather we have, it may be sunny now and then it may rain later on. An alternative to an umbrella which is heavier to carry around.





SUNGLASSES: Speaking of fashionable sun protection, it is the time to bring out those shades. Since you can't put sunblock on your eyes, they need to be protected from UV too. Also, I heard squinting can strain your eyes and may affect your vision. (Sunnies)








CAMERA: Hot as it may be, summer gives the best opportunities for photo-ops. So always keep your camera ready and click away!








SWIMSUIT: It's not summer without a swimsuit. I don't often buy swimsuits, but when I do, I make sure it's neutral and can be easily mixed and matched. This however was way out of my league, but I however did tell myself to try something new this summer. This is ordered from Salty and I can't wait to swim with it.









THAT IS IT! Thank You for reading this post I started the summer with and maybe watch the video too and give it a thumbs up! I have a lot planned to fill up this blog and the Youtube channel (link). I hope you all have a good summer and maybe chat with me the one essential you always have in the summer. See you on my next post! I'm going to get ready for a stay-cation which you will read about soon! Bye! 


Always,     
-Y


Comments

Popular Posts