OCTOBER FAVES 2016

I'M BACK! I have not been on here for awhile due to the fact that I was dying in my 1st semester of 3rd year. I have been having a super hard time in university lately, that my creativity was shoved in a box, placed in the corner, and been forgotten. Since it's semestral break and I just had my grades out (luckily I passed, so motivation hit me! YEY! Shoutout to my professors!), I will try my best to fill up content so I could have posts every week. (I said TRY okay? 2nd sem. might be the death of me now. Ignoring the fact that it starts on the 9th..*cries*) So enough of my rambling, to the blog post we go...


October just ended and now we are almost a month away from christmas wohoo! I decided to do this favorites post as a comeback for this blog, plus! I will be including a video! yes, you read that right, a video. In line with me returning to the blog, I decided to create a Youtube channel to go with it! (Comeback is real guys! haha). In case you don't want to read this long blog post, you can just watch the video instead (plus press that subscribe button and hit the thumbs up, haha #shamlessplug). Wish me luck on my ambitious decisions. 
So these are my favorites for the month of October (This is not sponsored). 


FASHION



This plain black Gap capris are like trousers and are high-waisted (really high I might say). It's really versatile since you can pair it with almost any top. I really like how it showcases a 90s vibe when worn. Downside is, it has no pockets on the front and only fake pockets at the back. But since I wear a bag most of the time it's doesn't bother me that much. I bought this at Shopwise. 




I often wear jackets or cardigans to make an outfit look put together. Then what could be better than a pink corduroy jacket that will add that pop of color to your OOTD. This is actually my mom's, that she bought back in the days. My eyes lit up with joy when I saw her pull this out of her closet, and I was literally uttering "Ma, akin nalang yan!" but we still share anyways. It fits exactly on her and yes it's oversized on me, but that won't stop me from wearing it. The brand is Kamiseta, but I'm not sure if they still have it.








Can we just talk about these Air Force 1s?! I am not a fan of wearing big and bulky shoes because I am small and therefore have little feet. This shoe actually makes my feet look big, because it is quite big on me, but like what I said, that's not stopping me. I am not familiar with AF1s this yellow detail because mostly I see is the plain black and plain white versions. This was a gift.








BEAUTY

This is only a sample size of the POREfessional that my cousin made me try. I remembered having something like this before, I only forgot the brand, it went out as gel from the tube but felt powdery soft on the skin which is exactly what I felt with the Porefessional.I'm planning on buying the big tube 
but it's quite pricey for me, so we'll see. This is by Benefit cosmetics. 

If there is a holy grail make-up product I use, it's the liquid eyeliner. I said that I'm not usually wearing make-up but when I have my winged eyeliner on, I already feel put together. I have tried different brands in the past, and by far this is the best. The brush though is really soft like a brush pen and might be hard to handle if you're not used to that. This is particularly the Hypersharp eyeliner from Maybelline, but they have other types of eyeliner as well.

I have been looking for a matte top coat for so long, and I am so happy that one day when we went into Bench, I decided to check the nail polish rack. I just had to buy it and I have been using a lot ever since sem-break came. It's really good! If you're nail polish addict like me, you need this in your collection. 


OTHERS




I'm in to calligraphy and brush lettering but I wouldn't say I'm any good. I know how it goes and I can write a little but I still don't consider myself as "good". Because of that, I don't want to spend much money on supplies, so when I saw these brush pens I was so hyped. These are the first brush pens I have and I'm not disappointed. The black one is a hard medium tip and I'm guessing is not refillable. While the other type is soft tipped, refillable and has different colors in store. If you're just starting out like me, I highly recommend these brush pens from Platinum. 





MUSIC

I don't think I have to explain just how much I love this song. When the beat drops, I feel my heart drop as well. I just have no words for this. It lights me up every time I have my stress moments. This is by Martin Garrix and Bebe Rexha. Comment daw below if you want a cover... KIDDING!!!




And that's a wrap! hope you guys enjoyed this post and found it helpful. The video is linked down below, go check it out (ignore my awkwardness though).


A complete rundown of my favorites for October:

FASHION
- Gap capris 
- Kamiseta corduroy jacket
- Nike AF1

BEAUTY 
- Benefit POREfessional
- Maybelline Hypersharp eyeliner
- Bench/ Paintbox Matte topcoat

OTHERS
- Platinum Brush Pens from National Bookstore

MUSIC
- In the Name of Love music Martin  Garrix & Bebe Rexha




VIDEO



Comments

Popular Posts